Dracaena is a genus of plants which is easy to grow if you provide proper care. They grow big, and this makes them ideal floor plants to place in front of large windows. Follow these steps to maintain these houseplants.
· Keep dracaenas in moderate light away from direct sunlight. An ideal place is an east window covered by a transparent curtain to filer out direct sunlight. A filtered south window or a west window will also work.
· Provide dracaenas with warm temperatures all year. Ideally, the plants should be kept in places between 65 degrees Fahrenheit and 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures below 65 degrees will stunt growth and may cause death of the plant.
· Place a tray of pebbles under the plant to increase the humidity. High humidity will encourage strong growth. Misting once a week with soft water will also help.
· Water dracaenas less often than most tropical plants. The leaves of dracaenas will turn brown if given too much water. It is best to let the soil dry out at least half way before watering. If you cannot feel moisture in the top half of the soil, it is time to water.
· Remove leaves which have turned brown if it will not detract from the shape of the plant. However, when you do not want to remove an entire leaf, trim the brown portion off with scissors and try to make the leaf conform to its original shape.
Items may be substituted if not in season or unavailable. Substitution will be equivalent to value and quality. Item supplied may vary from picture provided.
Our flowers may arrive unopened but the buds will come into bloom within a day or two.
In the rare event that a substitution is necessary through flower supply difficulties, we may substitute with flowers of similar or superior style, quality and value.